BFH Sydcon uses barbed tape products as an accessory to the main physical structure, primarily as a formidable anti-climb layer. Razor wire also acts as an excellent visual and psychological deterrent.
Razor wire is a cost effective perimeter defence system, that can be readily deployed in response to an incident or intrusion. BFH Sydcon has access to multiple suppliers of Short Barbed Tape and Long Barbed Tape.
• Razorwire is rigid and self supporting, and its high tensile steel core offers resistance to cutting.
• The self supporting nature of barbed tape eliminates the need for straining posts or catenary wires. It can be retro fitted and is suitable for wall, roof and fence toppings.
• The nature of razorwire allows it to follow contours and bends, where strained wires require straight runs.
• It is suitable for ground installations in specific situations.
• Razor wire is ideal for rapid deployment with minimal tooling.
• A completed installation has clean flowing lines with no breaks or protrusions through the line of barbed tape, making any damage or tampering obvious at a glance.
Razorwire is available in the following configurations.
Concertina is formed by clipping adjacent loops of single coil Barbed tape to one another at regular points around the circumference. When extended, this forms a cylindrical pattern and limits the extension of the coil giving it integral strength and eliminating the need for supporting cables.
SINGLE COIL FORMAT
Single coil is barbed tape formed by a machine so as to form a continuous helical coil. The individual loops are strung out like a spring and tied at regular intervals to the fence or wall top with wire ties or clips. Ideal for use in fencing applications where barbed wire is not sufficient to deter intruders.
FLAT LOOP FORMAT
Flat Loop is suitable for attaching directly to fence tops parallel to the fence line, where there can be no overhang to adjoining properties, or, where a neat flat appearance is desired. Flat Loop is also ideal as a gate topping and can also be attached directly to the inside of fences to increase their cutting resistance. Larger diameter coils can be attached directly to the top of any type of existing fence to increase its height and security level.